Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Powder: shine banishment

You readers probably don't need to know this, but my face loves to sweat, especially when it's humid. Usually I can get away with just carrying a pack of blotting papers, but sometimes it's not enough.

This is where MUFE's HD High Definition Powder comes in. It looks white in the jar, but goes on practically translucent. Here's what Sephora has to say: "Sets the foundation and slightly mattifies skin without changing its natural contours.This 100% Mineral Silica Powder softens the appearance of imperfections. Completely evens out the complexion for a glowing, radiant look. One universal shade for all skin tones.
..Has a soft focus effect for HD High Definition Cameras and helps reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and imperfections. Dermatologically tested, Talc free."

My skin looks absolutely flawless after I apply this powder over foundation, that's for sure. And without strenuous exercise, my face stays shine-free all day. The one thing I don't like about this is that it's not 100% translucent; my skin gets very dark in the summer and this powder lightens it just a touch. I usually remedy this by applying blush/bronzer after applying powder, instead of before.

Even better? Several times a week, I play tennis for three hours under the sun in ninety degree, humid weather. Usually, within twenty minutes, my face becomes nothing short of an oil field. However, if I wear MUFE's powder over tinted moisturizer, after three hours my face is merely dewy - maybe slightly oily at most! This alone makes it a winner in my book.

Oh, and did I mention that this powder can also be used as a dry shampoo in a cinch? Amazing.

Run over to Sephora to pick up your own jar for $35.

(Note: This powder is formulated with 100% silica. You're probably thinking, "So I can just buy a cheaper 100% silica powder and get the same effect, right?" Probably not, because most of the cheaper ones aren't as finely milled and tend to be chalkier. But if you do find a cheaper alternate, please let me know!)

No comments: