Monday, July 28, 2008

Clinique High Impact Mascara: a bit of a misnomer

When I see the words 'high impact' on a mascara tube, I expect drama. I expect incredible length and volume. So when I picked up a tube of Clinique's High Impact Mascara, my hopes were high.

Too bad they were shattered immediately after application. To be fair, this is a perfectly good mascara, but it delivers none of the promised 'high impact'. Instead, I got just enough volume and length to put label this as an excellent daytime mascara. There were absolutely no clumps, which I appreciated because I hate combing them out.

Staying power was nothing amazing, BUT there were no flakes which is definitely a good thing! Slight smudges appeared by the end of the day, unfortunately, but it was nothing drastic; I didn't look like a raccoon.

So overall, this is a wonderful daytime mascara, but terrible if you're looking for drama. Don't be misled by the name; if you're looking for big, fat lashes, go look somewhere else.

Clinique High Impact Mascara is available at Sephora for $14.

No comments: