Sunday, June 29, 2008

Stacked Style: Baroque Bleu Gelee de Parfum

"Can I have a sample of Escada's Moon Sparkle, please?" As the saleswoman at Sephora filled a small vial with Escada's tester, an inconspicuous display on the bottom shelf caught my eye. After thanking the woman (who was sporting a bright fuschia lipstick on her fantastically beestung lips), I bent down to pick up what turned out to be a gel perfume from a company called Stacked Style.

I'd never heard of the company before, but the container was cute, the scent wasn't half bad and it was selling for only $5. It came in two versions: Rococo Rouge and Baroque Bleu - I ended up buying the latter.

Here's Sephora's description:
This super fragrant, travel-friendly solid perfume infuses your skin with a soft, sexy scent. Unique and versatile, it doubles as a shine enhancing hair gel, leaving your locks looking and smelling gorgeous! With a heart of Tahitian gardenia, and unexpected notes of sweet coconut and rhubarb, this intoxicating mix of modern and classic leaves an unforgettable impression.

Baroque Bleu is a floral scent with
green grass, almond, rhubarb, rose, Tahitian gardenia, tuberose, muguet, coconut, neroli, tonka bean, amber, precious woods, musk notes. It's very light; I can see myself wearing this during the day but not at night. When I first smelled it I was actually reminded of cucumbers more than anything else - but there are definitely floral notes in there. I'm not usually a big fan of floral fragrances, so this was a pleasant surprise.

I haven't tested this on my locks and don't think I will, because nearly all leave-in hair products transform my hair into a greasy mess (even the ones that promise they won't).

Another plus - it's selling for only $5 at Sephora, but it looks like this solid gel perfume normally retails at $22.50!

(Image courtesy of kitcosmetics.com)

No comments: