Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Lust Files: Fresh Cannabis Rose Eau de Parfum

I still remember the first time I smelled pot - my friend had dragged me to a concert with him, and I could swear we were the only ones there who weren't high. People lit up everywhere, and that smell - oh god, that smell - had me grimacing all night. It was a good concert, no doubt, but I reeked of weed afterwards. I hated that smell. Hate hate hate.

Now, several years later, I don't hate the scent as much as I used to, although I'd rather not smell it if I can help it. So when I came across Fresh's new Eau de Parfum, Cannabis Rose, I didn't have high hopes. I tentatively sprayed it on my wrists...and I was right! It was defininitely unique, but there was something about the scent that just didn't work with me. I walked out of Sephora emptyhanded (is that even possible?!).

Imagine my surprise when about an hour later I found myself sniffing my wrists uncontrollably. Cannabis Rose had grown on me. I actually liked it...in fact, I loved it! So now, I'm lusting after this simply delightful fragrance. Kudos, Fresh. You've really won me over with this one.

Top Notes: Bulgarian rose, pomegranate flower, bergamot
Middle Notes: cannabis accord, sheer jasmine, dark chocolate
Bottom Notes: white musk, patchouli, oolong tea

Cannabis Rose is available in an 100ml. bottle for $75.00.

No comments: